Friday, June 22, 2012

SPEECH - bob, Bob, BOB!!



I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in a long time!  Last night, mom was trying to get dad to get up and take out the dog. He was sound asleep on the floor and didn't hear her.  I said mom.....You can say Baa.....Try to say Bob.   So she started with Baa.  Then we all started laughing. I don't know why everything was so funny last night. I think laughter is such a good stress relief. My mom is a great example of that!  She has such a great attitude and laughs quite often, I guess that is what keeps us going. Anyways.....So she kept say Baaa and dad kept sleeping. Then she said Bub....which was even funnier.  Then it went to Uh, Bub, Uh Bub.  Then all of a sudden she said Bob!!!! She was so excited she just kept laughing and dad slept through it all.  So I said, louder mom. She hasn't been able to speak very loud. So when she said it louder she laughed even harder. Finally dad woke up and said what. Then he realized mom had said it. I am not to sure now if he is excited she can say his name now or not.  She is really getting very good at it and can really say it LOUD and CLEAR.  Here is a video of it.



3 comments:

  1. Okay that is just AWESOME!!!!! Love it!!! Laughing and crying at the same time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolute thrill watching this... We can't thank you enough for taking the time to post Hoffman Happenings. We read every word... it SO helps us feel connected... Just warmed our spirits completely. Sure do love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan posted the link to this video in our ward newsletter and it was a delight to watch! What a great name! Grateful it's not a longer, harder one like Theodore or Herbert-haha! I'm sure she will get a lot of mileage out of calling out for her sweetheart!
    Cindy, you are such an inspiration to me and many others. I know you have a lot of help each day from many others, but I'm also certain that the majority of things that come up fall on your shoulders. You are a blessed woman for being so willing to serve your mom, dad and Kerri.
    PS...tell Kerri we got her cards in the mail and it made our day. I am going to write back to her soon! Give everyone a hug for us!
    Love, Tami Peterson

    ReplyDelete